After traveling full-time for over five years, I finally decided to launch my travel blog. I knew this was going to be a hard and slow process, but I was determined to make it work. When I found out that Nomadic Matt, one of the most successful travel bloggers out there, had a blogging course, I decided to give it a go. After I finally invested in the course “The Business of Travel blogging”. I started turning my blog into a business. Read on to know what’s in the Superstar Blogging course, what to expect and where to sign up.
Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my affiliate link. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Most people think being a blogger is easy. Well, first of all, you need to know that it’s a lot harder than it seems. It’s a lot more than just writing articles and sharing photos on Instagram. To be a successful travel blogger you need a lot of skills, determination, patience, and passion. Do you know how to take beautiful pictures? Do you know how to design a website? Have you heard of SEO? If you have no clue what I’m talking about and are serious about having a blog, then you should definitely think about investing in a blogging course. After I realized I was really determined to turn this blog into a business, I decided to buy the course “The Business of Travel Blogging” from Nomadic Matt.
In case you are wondering when I started my blog and signed up for the course, I had absolutely no blogging experience. I didn’t know anything about plugins, SEO, or writing. In fact, English is not even my first language. But yet, I managed to build this blog from scratch and today, I’m starting to see positive results.
It took me a while before I decided to invest in a blogging course though. At first, I was convinced I would find all the info online for free, and I would make it all by myself. But let’s face it, there’s a lot of info out there, some of which is outdated. When I realized I needed guidance to turn this blog into a proper business, I finally bought Nomadic Matt’s blogging course for the whopping sum of $199. Yes, that’s a lot of money, especially for me, as I’m a budget traveler. But, honestly, now I wish I had bought the course sooner. I would have saved myself so much time, especially on building and designing my blog. After all, you’re investing in a course that’s going to help you make ten times more money than this course costs.
Who is Nomadic Matt?
Matt Kepnes is the founder of the very popular travel blog Nomadic Matt. Matt has been around for over ten years and managed to build his blog and turn it into a profitable business. He’s a travel expert and is definitely one of the best travel bloggers out there. In fact, he’s been featured in CNN, the New York Times, National Geographic, and other big names.
One of the reasons I bought his course and not someone else’s is because Matt managed to build an empire and is now a six-figure travel blogger. He’s very knowledgable, and in order to become successful, you need to learn from the very best, right?
What’s in the Superstar Blogging course?
The business of travel blogging is a very complete blogging course and covers pretty much everything you need to know about building a successful blog from scratch. The course includes 10 units, which are released individually every week.
Week 1: Setting up and getting started
Week 2: Building a brand
Week 3: Writing content
Week 4: Mastering social media
Week 5: Networking like a champ
Week 6: SEO
Week 7: Newsletters
Week 8: Affiliate Marketing
Week 9: Creating and selling your own product
Week 10: Brands, PR and tourism boards
This ten weeks course is extremely complete. From choosing a niche to building a brand, It’ll teach you absolutely everything you need to know! The course is simple to understand, and even if you don’t have any tech skills, you’ll find the instructions easy to follow. Some parts of the course contain videos, which makes it even easier. What I love the most is that the course will help you from the very beginning of your blogging journey. In fact, I think it’s even better to buy the course before you even start your blog. This way, you’ll be able to digest all the info and learn at your own pace before you finally decide to launch your blog.
The business of travel blogging has a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is one of the main reasons I chose to buy it. This means you can try out the course for 30 days before you decide if it’s right for you or not. If you feel like the course is not going to help you grow your business, you can ask for a refund. Considering the price of the course is $199, the 30-day money-back guarantee is a big plus, to be honest. I didn’t use it obviously, but it was reassuring to know that it was an option.
The extras of the Superstar Blogging course
This course is already a great source of information, but it also comes with a lot of extras which include:
- Case studies from successful travel bloggers to give you a clearer picture of the best practices in the travel industry and help you build a profitable blog
- Expert interviews
- Recommended reading list
- Blogging webinars
- A list of the best blogging resources
- Private Facebook group where you can ask questions and connect with other bloggers. Matt is very active in the group!
- Unlimited tech support from Chris Richardson, tech manager for Nomadic Matt
- Q&A sessions with Matt where you can ask him anything about blogging and travel
- Discount codes for the Travel Con and the other courses
- Opportunity to become an affiliate for the course
Who is the Superstar Blogging course for?
This blogging course is the best investment I made for my blog. With that being said, this blogging course is for you if:
– You are thinking about having a blog and don’t know where to start
– You are serious about your blog and want to turn it into a business
– You’re already a blogger, but need some guidance on how to monetize and grow traffic to your blog.
This course is definitely not for you if you already have a beautiful blog set up, are an SEO expert and already making money with your blog.
I had already set up my blog when I bought the course, so the first 2 weeks of the course I didn’t learn much to be honest. However, the rest of the course was very valuable to me and drastically helped me improve my blog, my writing, and my marketing strategy. I actually managed to earn my first $100 with my blog, mostly thanks to what I learned in this course.
Pros and cons of the Superstar Blogging course
The business of blogging is, overall, a fantastic course. Like everything else, it has its pros and cons:
– The course was made by a professional and one of the best travel bloggers out there. Like I said, if you want to be successful, you need to learn from the best
– 30-day money-back guarantee. You can try the course for 30 days. If you don’t feel the course is right for you, Matt will refund 100% of your money
– The facebook group is AMAZING. You will get help and insight from other bloggers, answers to all your questions and more!
– The unlimited tech support is worth the entire price of the course. Having access to a pro to help you fix your blog is simply the best thing ever. I had to ask Chris many questions when my blog was slow and when I had to change my permalinks. And he always answered promptly and helped me solve my blogging problems.
– You have lifetime access to the course. And when it’s updated, you’ll receive the updates as well.
– You can become an affiliate for the course. Which means you can make back what you spend on it.
– It’s not cheap. But like I said, if you become an affiliate, you can then make money with the course.
– The modules are released every week. I think it would be best if you could have access to the entire course all at once. But if you want to have your course unlocked, you can ask Matt.
What I achieved since I bought the Superstar Blogging course
The course is definitely worth the price and investment. If you’re serious about becoming a professional travel blogger, then you should see this course as an investment in your future. By the way, the course has regular updates so the information in it is always fresh. I know you’re probably thinking you can find all the info from the course on the internet. Well, most the info out there is outdated or fake. This course is absolutely filled with priceless information, resources, and tips. And since there is a 30 days money-back guarantee, you can try out the course and if you don’t feel it can help improve your blog, just ask for a refund!
Since I bought the course I managed to:
– Improve my writing skills. I even wrote a post that went viral on Facebook 3 times (in March and April).
– I made my first $100 with my blog. Also, I learned the affiliate marketing strategies taught in the course and managed to make my very first affiliate sale after five months of blogging
– I saw a huge increase in my blog traffic after I learned more about SEO.
Other courses offered by Nomadic Matt
After the success of his travel blog, Matt created four blogging courses. The three other courses are:
How to become a travel writer: To build this course, Matt partnered with David Farley, an award-winning travel writer. In the course, you’ll learn how to write awesome stories, improve your writing skills, how to find freelance work, and more.
Learn how to capture your world: This eight weeks course will teach you how to master the art of travel photography. You’ll learn about composition and light, managing and editing your work, and advanced photography techniques.
The art of travel vlogging: Do you want to create the best travel videos? This course is being taught by Nadine and Kristen, who managed to become two of the biggest travel YouTubers in the world. In this course, you’ll learn the art of filmmaking, how to become a superstar on camera, editing, and how to make money with your videos.
Where to sign up for the Superstar Blogging course?
Are you ready to build a successful travel blog? With this course, you’ll save time, work smarter and start earning quicker. Once you signed up, you’ll have lifetime access to the course. You’ll be able to start straight away with the first week of the course! The price of the course is $199, but keep an eye out for discounts as it is sometimes on sale.
Nomadic Matt’s Blogging course just dropped to $99. Don’t miss this opportunity! Click here to get the course now!
Travel blogging is a popular niche, and investing in a blogging course turned out to be one of the best decisions I’ve ever made for my business. With lessons on building a blog, SEO or affiliate marketing, the Superstar blogging course is very complete and will definitely help you achieve your blogging goals. Whether you’re a newbie or a more advanced blogger, you’ll find modules and lessons to help you build your travel blog and monetize your content. Did you buy a course when you first started your blog? Let me know in the comments below!
Did you like this post? Pin it!